Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm Weird

Am I the only one that....

1. Online Shops - but never buys anything? You know, go to a site, add stuff to the basket, calculate totals with tax and shipping...then never go through with it?

2. Practices Talking - I'm a corporate trainer. Before a new presentation, or any presentation really - I always practice. Practice at home, practice in the car, practice at work. Practice anywhere, I'm a nerd.

3. Clips Coupons - then forgets to use them.


4. Makes an actual grocery list - then literally checks it off as I'm shopping. You'd think that should make me remember coupons. Hmmm...note to self, put "use coupons" on shopping list!

5. Uses the "mom seatbelt." You know, when you slam on your brakes and then extend your arm to protect the passenger? I really think it would only do more harm. It's a disease. I've tried to stop. I can't.

6. Buy gifts for people and never give them. This is a major problem. More of a "I need to be a better friend" problem.

7. Read random blogs of people I don't know. I am an addict. I blog surf daily. And, when I find one I like - I go back to it several times a week. Like this one. And this one. And this one. And this one. And this one. And this one. And way too many more to admit.

8. Check my kids to make sure they are breathing...daily. So, this is totally fine if you're a new mom, or a mom with an infant - but a mom with an almost 5 year old and almost 2 year old? Weird.

9. Turns bright pink and splotchy at the drop of a hat - happy, sad, embarrassed, mad - it doesn't matter. Anything turns on the pink! I saw this episode of Grey's once in which this girl came in for some surgery to turn off this "pink" problem. I think I need that.

10. Has anxiety attacks when the car is in cruise control. I'm a bit of a speeder - and with all the many photo radars going up all over the valley, I am finding myself more and more needing to use the cruise control. It makes me so nervous - weird huh?

11. Says the word "Sheeshkabobs." Another addiction - been saying it forever. Even Brady says it. Sad - I know.

Do you have any weird traits?
I'd love to know I'm not the only one with such weirdness.


Tell. Please.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Dawn:

You are very normal. I always forget the coupons at the store and more times than not I forget the list. I also forget the recycle bags from Fry's and remember that I should have brought them with me when I am at the check out. I've now put them in the car, so I of course walk in the store without them and then have to leave my cart to retrieve them. I have always checked babies to see if they are breathing.

AZ_James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AZ_James said...

Sorry Dawn,
I had to delete that comment. I can't believe I shared that. Anyway, I have always thought of myself as weird. If people could hear what goes on inside my head they would never stop laughing.

Anonymous said...

It makes me happy to hear that I am not the only one who shops online, proceeds to checkout, gets the total with tax and shipping and then it ends there. I end up going to the store instead!!!