Monday, December 29, 2008

Football Guys = FUN

My BIL Brett has a bunch of toys...toys that he used to play with as a kid (or teen). Well, he brought down this toy down for Jake to play with.

Basically, it's a rolled-up felt that looks like a football field. There are 2 goal posts and 2 teams of football player guys to play with. Nothing electronic - just pure imaginative play. Well...Brady loves it. But, it's not his. And he is sad. This is what he told me a few days before Christmas on the way home from Ashley and Brett's:

Brady: I don't have nuffin that Daddy gave to
me...and Jakey has football guys from Uncle Brett.
Me: I know, Buddy...but, you have lots of toys
to play with.
Brady: Thinking. Oh!! I have the little cars that Daddy
gave to me. But the football guys are gooder. You can line them up.
Me: Chuckling...You're right. Do you mean that
the football guys are the best?
Brady: Yep. They're the bester.
Brady: I want Daddy to wrap up those cars for
me. The ones under your bed. [Hot wheels that Bryan collected as a
kid/teen]
Me: Alright...but, you'll have to talk to Daddy
about that.
Sometimes, I guess the Hand-Me Downs are the best kinds of toys. No purchase needed.

On a side note: yippee!! Brady got some football guys from the Babcock's for Christmas...he's in heaven!

No comments: