Friday, January 2, 2009

Cheers!

As it got closer and closer to New Years...I found myself wondering what the Campbell household would be doing to welcome in 2009.

Normally - we do nothing. The hottie and I rarely do anything for New Years. Shhh...sometimes in the past we have been known to not even see the ball drop. It's not that we don't like to go out - because we do (sometimes).....it's just that I can do without the whole hoopla of the night.

I'm not a fancy-bar-type-a-girl. I like your small, corner, bar where you always see familiar faces and it's totally fine to show up in jeans, a t-shirt, and flip-flops. (are you singing the cheers theme song right now?) You see...I don't drink that often - and when I do...I want it to be comfortable, relaxing and fun. When I go to a fancy, dress-code bar - I feel like I have to always be on my best behavior. Yuck!

Last year was pretty fun...the Babcock's had a party - we went - and brought the kids. The kids had fun, watched TV, then slept...while the big kids (US) talked a little, drank a little, and played a little. It was fun. Relaxed, comfortable, fun. In the company of almost everyone we knew.

This year...I was just about convinced we would resort back to our homebody ways - when the Forrest/Sas household invited us over for a kid-friendly, but adult fun sleepover. Luckily my parents volunteered to babysit, so we didn't end up bringing the cuties.

This is how the night played out:

We ended up ringing in the New Year joined by the hosts Robin & Aaron, Cori & Mike, Rainie & Justin, Dougie, Jim, and Billy. Sheesh - it was fun.

The best thing about the night...jammies! Yep, we were instructed to wear our comfy clothes. And, we all know how much I love my comfy clothes. It was definitely my kind of party.

We had tons of slumber party breakfast food, mimosas, and other types of yummy beverages. We played a couple of drinking games, a bit of poker and most of all relaxed and chatted up the night.

After the ball dropped, we got out the Rockband...and yes, the addicts in us came out. I don't know what comes over me when Rockband is set up - I CANNOT STOP. I am totally the worst singer in probably the entire world...but, it doesn't even matter. It's like karaoke - and boy do I love karaoke.

We finally called it a night around 2:30 - 3am...sheesh I am getting WAY too old for these late nights. Remember...I'm almost 30 - aaaaahhhh!! I remember when my mom turned 30. Yikes! Age certainly creeps up on you, that's for sure.

Sound exciting? It certainly was. Super comfortable (jammies), relaxing (fire pit & couch), and fun (family & friends). Thanks Robin and Aaron - I couldn't have asked for a more relaxing and fun way to ring in 2009!








1 comment:

Karen said...

Looks like a good time was had by all especially Dougie's toe.