Thursday, February 12, 2009

Craving Apples

Several years ago - I was at my friend Janea's house for her little girl's birthday party. Janea made this apple dip. Yummy. It was delicious

The following Christmas she gifted to all of us a small white folder with some of her family recipes. Us Campbell's still use these recipes to this day. This apple dip has been to many a family functions and always goes over well. Here is the recipe:

Apple Dip
2 8oz Cream Cheese bars
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup White Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
Heath Toffee Bits - these can be hard to find...but, I always find them at Bashas or Albertsons
10 + Granny Smith Apples

**for parties...I typically double the recipe

Soften cream cheese. Add sugars and vanilla. Mix well. I normally use a hand blender to smooth it out. Right before you are going to serve it mix in about 1/2 - 3/4 package of Heath toffee bits. Serve cold with tart Granny Smith Apples.

p.s. Rylee calls this candy...and technically it is!

I'm a blogger - ya'll know that. Apparently with blogging and photos and videos and media applications and itunes...apple computers are the way to go. They are super user friendly, reliable and come standard with so many options. 

As the saying goes - once you go apple - you never go back.

Guess what. I'm an apple girl now - all around. Dips. Computers. Everything.

Now - I just have to learn all the functions. Tomorrow - I'm heading on over to Chandler Mall on my lunch to take a quick tutorial. Maybe I'll try to find a "Mac for Dummies" book. 

If you own an apple - please send over any suggestions or hints - I'd love it!

 

No comments: