Then Facebook happened. My work encouraged us to get an account. So, I did. Little by little...I got involved. Now...I hardly go a day without it. I'm not so good at posting pictures or even updating my status...but, boy oh boy...I might be a professional FB stalker.
I should probably be a private investigator. In fact, my sisters and I could make a fortune together.
So, the question is - why am I thankful for Facebook? I'll tell you a few reasons.
- It helps me keep in touch with people.
- It's like a mini blog for everyone (pretty much everyone) that I know.
- It provides a medium for people to share what's going on in their life - status updates.
- It provides a place to house and share pictures.
- There is even a place to write blogs and notes.
- Games...(Although...I try to stay away from the games - because I have a highly addictive personality, while being VERY competitive.)
- It's a people finder...ever wonder what your very first boyfriend or your oldest friend is up to? You can now know.
- It's a communication tool - you can write messages to people.
- You can share your interests and suggest pages and websites for others to view.
- On the other hand, you can learn about websites and interests that you might be interested in browsing.
- You can set up and join groups with others that support the same things.
- You can use FB for marketing - good and bad. I have this friend that recently married and had a horrible experience with a hotel while honeymooning...guess who she told? By posting a status on FB - she was able to share this with every single one of her friends. Now...I certainly know where NOT to stay when I go to Africa.
- Finding long lost relatives - yes...my dad is friends with almost every Majercin out there.
Thank you FB...my guilty pleasure. Stalking, reading about others. It's like a reality show. But, it's always on. I love it!