Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm Lazy

photo courtesy of textually.org by way of google

I was just updating my iPod.
I love it.
A LOT!

A few years ago when Howard Stern switched to satellite I was devastated. I was a regular, daily listener. Yep - love him. For Christmas that year, the Hottie bought me Sirius satellite. I was shocked...and excited.

Well, we went to install it into the van. Oops...I was a little hesitant to put it in the new van (we had literally JUST bought it) and I didn't want to drill into the dash and there was really nowhere to hide it.

So, guess who then got it installed into their car?? Yep - Merry Christmas to the Hottie. But, he felt bad...so bad that he went out and bought me an iPod. A video iPod even. Back in the day when they were the size of a large men's wallet. And, back in the day when it seemed like we had lots of disposable income.

The Hottie filled it up with lots of tunes. Tunes from our CD's, friends' CD's, iTunes, and shhh...don't tell, but another secret website. We put a little bit of money on each site, used a couple dollars at that time...and saved the rest with plans to add to the iPod over time.

We never added any more songs.

A few weeks ago, I decided it was time to update the iPod. I entered each site and located tunes I just absolutely needed. It took hours. The Hottie was long asleep when I finished loading the iPod. By the end of the night, I had spent the rest of the money (not a ton of moolah mind you). Phew. No kidding - it took 4 years, but I did it. I spent no additional money...well, other than the Twilight CD, but can you blame me? It's awesome!

I'm not sure why it took me so long to use this money. Either I'm lazy or just content with the 600 or so songs that the Hottie had added 4 years ago.

Tonight, the Hottie told me he wanted to add an old school song to the iPod. Something from the 80's movie Rad. Well...I got out my handy GIGANTIC list of songs that we are still lacking and added his tune to the list. I was feeling extra nice. I opened up iTunes and bought the song. Well, sheesh - if for $0.99 I can make the Hottie happy....I'm in!

While in there...I added a few other tunes to the iPod and A LOT more to the list. Who knows, maybe in another 4 years we'll get this new list knocked out.

I find that I'm lazy in a lot of areas...
1)
Adding songs to the iPod (especially when I already had $$$ saved on the sites)
2) Adding pictures to my Facebook
3) Blogging - I have a list of blogs that I want to write...and have yet to sit down and do just that.
4) Potty Training - (not me, Lil). I am seriously the world's worst potty trainer. I hate it. I've got no patience. My Aunt Karen tells me that my mom trained her son, Dougie. Well...I'm about ready for my mom to take Lil for a week and return her as an undie-wearing princess.
5) Mopping - Y-U-C-K, it's my absolute LEAST FAVORITE CHORE! I'm embarrassed to admit I have been meaning to mop my floor for 3 weeks...and still haven't.
6) Getting my hair cut - ok...so it's not that I don't enjoy it, it is definitely relaxing...but, who really gets a hair cut every 6-8 weeks? Well, apparently everyone, but me. That's why I had to get rid of my bangs (which I loved) because I just wasn't regular enough at the salon...and I certainly do NOT trust myself to trim my own.
7) Making my bed - yep...I WAY too often leave the house with the bed unmade. Sad, but true...especially, because I hate getting into my bed at night if it is all messy.
8) Checking voicemail - if it's that important...they'll call back or call my cell or send a text...RIGHT?
9) RSVP'ing - I am SO bad at RSVP'ing to everything...well, everything but weddings. I never miss those - I promise! Thank goodness for Evite's, they have drastically increased my RSVP return rate!

I think that's enough laziness for one night. The thing is...I think I'm content with most of that laziness - so...you probably won't see many changes. I promise I have lots of good traits - I was just in the mood to admit some faults.

p.s. Don't ya just love the shuffle...I just went from "We built this city on rock and roll....." to "I'm going to love you more than anyone. I'm going to hold you closer than before. And when I kiss your soul, your body'll be free. I'll be free for you anytime. I'm going to love you more than anyone." to "I need to tonight. Cause I'm not sleeping. There's something about you girl...that makes me sweat." Ahhh...some insight into my tunes.

p.s.s. I'm no longer a Stern listener. No Sirius = no listening.

p.s.s.s. If you're still reading - BLESS YOUR HEART. This is the longest post of useless information - EVER!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Love it! You are far from lazy! We should trade out on chores I could come mop your floor and you can come clean my bathrooms! See.. easy fix!

Krystal said...

Ok I hate getting hair cut too. Well, I feel there is a better way to spend my time, other than having my hair primped. The last time my hair was highlighted and cut was end of April beginning of May? So long ago, that my hair is always in a poney.

April said...

I never get my hair cut that often but sure wish I did. It needs it now :). I still love to listen to Howard and especially when I have to drive(that is totally my fault) a dang rental car and the local radio is so full of ads after ads. So there is nothing better than adding some new music to your IPod.