Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mood So Quickly Changed

This weekend was a rough one for me.
Not for any reason specifically.
Maybe it's the heat.
Maybe it's my longing for the beach.
Maybe I just needed to get out of the house.
Who knows - for whatever reason...I was awfully moody.

Have you ever felt as if you needed a vacation from your children? Well...this is pretty much how I felt all weekend. I know - I'm awful.

The sad part is - I work 4 days a week. Luckily, my sisters are my saving grace and they take in the cuties to play all day long with their little cousins. So, in other words - it's not as if I am with them 24/7 every day of the week. Yes, I do pick them up at their somewhat whiny time of the day - right before dinner as they are staaaaaaarv-ing. But, I don't blame them for their crabbiness at 5:30pm as we are driving in rush hour traffic. barely moving. hot. sweating. living for full force a/c that never seems cold enough when it is 114 outside. I'm whiny, too.

Well...this weekend started off great. Friday was a good day. The cuties and I always enjoy Fridays. It is my favorite day of the week as Brady so often reminds me. Saturday met us with a temperature well above 110 degrees. Lily had dance class. We cleaned. I made nachos for lunch. The hottie worked at the ballpark, then went out to celebrate a friend's birthday. The cuties and I cleaned out the playroom - then cuddled up on the couch and went to bed. Sunday came and I was feeling very anxious to leave the house. I have no idea why. After realizing I had no plans for the day - I was feeling stuck. Of course, with it being a gazillion degrees outside...the hottie was completely content with staying in the house watching ESPN. Feeling as if I would literally burst if I did not get out of the house - I took Lil to Walmart. We shopped for Brady's list of Kindergarten supplies. Ahhh...a little relief flushed over me.

So that's it. I needed a vacation from my house. from the cuties. Is that weird?

Well...I'm at work (sorry career - you'll have to wait as I'm blogging - it's therapeutic). I visited NieNie for a second only to read Monday's post and literally have a break down at my desk. Luckily I work very early and was alone....

I had this overwhelming desire to go to the cuties and chickie them. Immediately, my spirits were lifted. As for my moodiness...well, it has vanished.

Thank you blogging world for helping me get out my funk.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

I felt the same way... But to top it off we had my besties sons bday party Sat and my kidos bday Sun, so we endured the heat.
This weekend Id like to shoot for the beach and stay in a cheap hotel and eat out of a cooler! Can it be November yet?