The drive was...well, it wasn't too bad. It was actually way better than expected. It was; however, a veeeeeerrrrrry long drive. We weren't rushing - so maybe that made it a bit longer. Or, maybe that just allowed the Cuties a lot more stops to get out, stretch, and wiggle away their car boredom.
So far - we've witnessed:
- an awesome AZ sunrise (yep, you can't find those just anywhere)
- a loooong stretch of absolute nothing in New Mexico
- a Diner, Drive-ins, and Dives site - Backroad Pizza (definite dive, yet deeeee-licious)
- the many ups and downs of the CO highway speed limits (which apparently you MUST obey)
- a sideways rainstorm with temps in the high 50's
- Brady's surprise, shock and confusion when we arrived at the Osborn's
- a Rockies game at Coors Field - definitely awesome
- and yes, July weather in the 80's while my humble abode weathered in the 116 zone
Tomorrow, we plan to take the Cuties along with their cousin, Hayden, to something kid-friendly. We haven't quite decided...we're thinking maybe the Denver Children's Museum or the Denver Zoo. Who knows??
p.s...you're going to have to wait a bit for photos - my computer is taking waaaaay to long to upload and I don't know how to lessen the size/pixel/or whatever it's called to make it easier.