Thursday, April 16, 2009

What are Band Aids Really??

I get the biggest kick out of kids when they get an owie.

That didn't sound too good, did it?

This is what I mean. Brady cut his toe during a scooter adventure at Aunt Ashley's house. No worries, it's all good. It was bleeding and he was crying. Ashley coddled him, cleaned it, and bandaged up his toe. Brady quickly forgot about it while playing with the rest of the crew. A little while later as he is laughing hysterically with Rylee - Ashley catches his eye. Brady realizes he is no longer showing any sign of pain. Almost like it no longer existed.

Guess what he did.

Turned his head, looked down and sighed,

"OWWwwwwww."

When I arrived at the Babcock residence, Brady and Lily excitedly met me at the door. Wait- so did Jake. But, he was crying as he didn't want the cuties to leave just yet. As I was collecting their things, Ashley tells me about Brady's owie.

Guess what he did next.

Turned his head, looked down and sighed,

"OWWwwwwww."


Then, he limped around and begged me to carry him to the car. He had suddenly become disabled. I guess it was a delayed reaction.

Needless to say - I carried him to the car. I figure, I'm not going to be able to do that much longer. The kids is almost my size....well, at least in height.

When we made our way home, I carried him into the house where he jumped and played all over.

Funny how that works out, right?

The cuties jumped in the bath and quickly dressed in their comfy clothes. I re-bandaged the toe with a Spiderman band aid. But, of course...only after a 10 minute decision on just which band aid was privvy to this very injury.

The best part of it all is this...Lily suddenly now has an "injury," too. It's like band aids are contagious. She cries out for "biderman" and together the cuties pick out a just right finger decor for Lil. That's all I can really call the band aid in this case, for it is not truly doing anything other than decorating. Lucky for Brady, she picked Sesame Street vs. "biderman." Lil then walks around for the rest of the night as if her arm is in a sling and she cannot move it.

Band aids = Bandages AND Accessories.

Who would have thought?



No comments: