Monday, March 15, 2010

Girl's Day

Lily has been begging for a girl's day.
I don't know where she got that term.
I think from Ashley. or Rylee.
Well...Friday - we got our girl's day.
I was in dire need of a pedicure.
So, I took Lil with me Friday morning.
She loves to get her toes and nails painted at home.
So, I thought...why not??
I was a little concerned that she would misbehave.
But, no....
She's a true girlie-girl.
She sat up in the massage chair like she'd been doing it all her life.
She was still.
And quiet (a miracle).
And in awe of every moment.
Luckily, they started her nails right away.
So, as mine were being done -
she had a good 30 minutes to let hers dry.
We put on her massage chair.
She loved it.
She said perfectly still.
With her hands on the arm rests.
And her feet separated ever so slightly -
So she wouldn't ruin her nails.
She picked purple.
She loves it.
And, of course - she shows every single person she sees.
Rudely, I was a little sad at first thinking I wouldn't enjoy my pedicure as much.
Pedicures are normally my "alone" time.
Quiet time.
Peaceful time.
Yes, I know I sound mean.
But with Lil by my side....really...I found that I enjoyed it more.
Thanks Lil!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

ADORABLE!! And YES, WE need more girls days!!

Robin said...

I can't wait until I can take my little girl for her first pedi. I really hope she's a girlie-girl. I need someone to teach me.