Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Crafter Girls Night Out

A couple weeks ago I was lucky enough to get one of the coveted 50-ish or so tickets to the AZ Crafter Girls Night Out. It was held at the Sweet Cakes Cafe in downtown Mesa. I have been there a few times before with the Cuties. Yum!

I was surrounded by some of the most crafty and artistic ladies around. Most (almost all) of them at least have an Etsy where they sell their homemade products. A-Mazing ladies. 

When I arrived, I suddenly panicked as I wondered what I would say when someone asked who I was and what business I had. Not 5 minutes in and I was faced with those very same questions. I was filling drinks for Julie and myself when a cute, peppy girl asked who I was. I explained that my name was Dawn (even though I was wearing a Julie name tag) and we laughed. She introduced herself and then asked me what I do. 

Ugh....

A million thoughts fly through my head. Lies. Exaggerations. I finally settled on the truth. I told her...I have a blog. Well...two of them. One is a family blog that the other is me learning my camera. 

What I got from her was the nicest smile and nod and then we left each other. 

What a nerd I am. Nice. Real nice.

From that point on - I made myself the blog stalker girl and she seemed to be pretty popular. Well, at least with my table :)

What a great night with so many inspirational ladies!!

Aren't these little cakes adorable??!!

Add caption

Laura Winslow from Laura Winslow Photography and Kim Stoegbauer from The TomKat Studio

Julie and Me in the cute photo area they had set up.

1 comment:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Thanks for coming! I'm so glad you had fun! You can stalk my blog anytime! :)