Friday, October 16, 2009

It Was My Honor

I am not good at checking my personal email. I take that back...I'm good at it when I am expecting emails. But, when I'm not...I can go 2 weeks + without going to my yahoo account. I don't have access to outside email accounts while at work...so that probably accounts for some of my problem.

Today...while the cuties were napping, I decided to check in on my yahoo account. Thankfully I did. I was pleasantly surprised with this lovely email from my Aunt Mary Lou and Uncle Bobby.

Dawn,

Uncle Bobby and I wanted to thank you for the wonderful dedication on your blog for our 50th Wedding Anniversary and for all of the beautiful comments and memories from everyone.

Our family has something special that other people wish they had. We are a family that is always there for one another in the good times and the bad. We all share in the ups, downs, joys, and sorrows together as Family. We have had the perfect role models, Pop and Nan who were there for us. They taught us how important "FAMILY" is. I always remember how Pop's brothers and sisters always said how lucky George and Viola were to have such a close knit family and they were always there for each other. This family always has the love and support of each other. At one time we were the younger generation and now the roles have changed and I know with Nan and Pop's inspiration our families circle of life will continue with the next generation.

I just want to say that I'm so happy to be part of this family and look forward to spending the weekend with my sisters in Chicago to reminisce, laugh and enjoy all my sister's company.

Uncle Bob and I have always told Mary Lou and Bobby that friends will come and go in your life but your family is always there for you.

Uncle Bob has been so touched by your blog and everyone's comments. I think he has read it everyday at least 3 times a day.

Thank you Dawn again and may God bless our FAMILY today and always. And thank you Nan and Pop for guidance and love for all of us.

All our love always,
Uncle Bobby and Aunt Mary Lou

p.s. Please tell the Hottie and the Cuties that we are so sorry we took up so much of your time with the blog. Thank you and we love you for it!

Seriously....Aunt Mare and Uncle Bob are right. We do have a one of a kind family. One that is so very close, best friends, family, everything. I know the closeness and unity is somewhat odd. We always remind ourselves that we are NOT the norm. But, we love it.

I really have no words. I want to thank you both very much for such a lovely email. It absolutely meant the world.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Again, this brought me to tears. Everyone is right. We do have a family that that does stick together through good times and bad. I am grateful everyday that I am a part of this big and wonderful family.

Lexi said...

Hi I came across your blog and wanted to share my site with you since you have a cute little girl! :)
www.sugarandspice4baby.blogspot.com
www.sugarandspice1.etsy.com