Monday, November 17, 2008

Terms of Endearment...

So...have you ever played Scattergories? I have. Those of you that know me well, know I LOOOOOOOVE games. And, that is seriously NO exaggeration. I am super competitive. Probably not as much as my sister and brother-in-law, Ashley & Brett - but, still competitive. I can remember this one time that we were playing Dominoes at a cabin on Hawley Lake - you know on a relaxing vacation. Well, Ashley was explaining the rules - and apparently I made her a bit mad (which happens a lot, sisterly love)...well, she got up and threw the dominoes all over the place. Sorry, I digress. Anyways, back to Scattergories. The first time I played there was a part where you needed to list a term of endearment...and I didn't know what that was - term of endearment? hmmm.... I was thinking "love, dawn" or "sincerely, dawn" but, I was totally wrong.

Now, however, as I am married and have 2 children - people no longer have names...more terms of endearment - or nicknames. And...I love it! Sometimes I forget the cuties' and Bryan's name because I rarely say them...well, unless Brady Ryan Campbell is going to timeout (which happens to be several times a day).

So....here are the terms of endearment for the cuties and Bryan:

Bryan: Babe, Sweetie, Campbell, Soup, Soupy, Hottie, Mr. Popup (softball, I promise) and of course, Daddy Brady: Brades, B, Buddy, B-Ryan, Dude, Cutie, Sweetie, Punkin, Munchkin, my baby, mama's biggest baby Lillian: Lily, Lillers, Lil, Lillerbugs, Lilbugs, Lilybugs, Bugs, Buggers, Punkin, Munchkin, Munchy, Munch, mama's littlest baby But....Brady would say - and this is the cutest thing ever: "I'm not a baby, mama...me and daddy are best buddies and you and lilbugs are our princesses." SO adorable.

Don't ya just love kids? As much as they make you tear your hair out at times...they can be SO extremely adorable.

No comments: