Friday, November 7, 2008

Change

This election was historical. Regardless of your vote, you must agree that America has taken a step forward with the 2008 election. I am very liberal. I always say, probably too liberal. I loved the Clinton's, I loved Hillary, and I learned to love Obama. I have never been so involved in a Presidential election before now. It was sad, exciting, infuriating, and at times, funny. I watched and researched so much about the election...that, by the time the "winner" was decided, I was exhausted, and kind of sick of the election. I watched John McCain give his concession speech. And, I will say I enjoyed it. Not because I was hoping to hear him concede (although I was), but because I really think I finally heard "him" talking. And, I finally like him. McCain fought a hard race and he got further than I ever thought he would. But, it was inevitable. America spoke loud and clear, they - as do I - wanted a change.

I was so tired of "election talk" that I am just now getting around to listening to Obama's victory speech. Isn't that awful? But, I thoroughly enjoyed it and truly believe the best man won. Many of my family and friends were and still are McCain supporters. This part of Obama's speech really stuck out to me:
“As Lincoln said to a nation far more divided than ours, ‘We are not enemies, but friends – though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection.’ And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won your vote tonight, but I hear your voices, I need your help and I will be your president too.” - Barack Obama
Let's give him a chance. I have faith in Barack Obama. I am excited for the future of America.

Congratulations Barack Obama - President Elect!

Did you miss Obama's victory speech? Click here.

1 comment:

AZ_James said...

Hey Cutties' Mommy
Love your blog. You don't have any shortage of things to talk about. I love seeing and hearing about your kids. I'm not sure what to think about the term of endearment "Mr. Popup". Don't let Ron get ahold of that one. You'll never hear the end of it. Anyway, to my point. I agree America has taken a step in a different direction. I don't agree it is a step forward.
Keep up the writing. I'll be looking for more.
James