Sunday, December 5, 2010

Elf on a Shelf

The Hottie made the suggestion to get an Elf on a Shelf. Now...we didn't really know at the time, but I guess it's a big phenomena...meaning it's already been invented and selling like hotcakes.

So...while on my Maine trip this week - I did a little shopping. I really did just about exactly as much shopping I could do and still be able to check it all on the plane without shipping it home. In my shopping - I found an elf. Not, THE Elf on a Shelf (since I'm cheap) but a cute one none-the-less from Hallmark.

He showed up yesterday morning to the house. The cuties LOVE him. They named him immediately...Buddy the Elf. Funny...since, Ashley got one from her secret santa and Jake and Ry also named theirs Buddy. I guess we're not original in the Elf naming department.

Tonight, we sat down to watch Elf as the Hottie plays softball. They wanted to bring Buddy down from the shelf and let him watch. I gave the okay. This is what I hear as the movie begins....

Watch this, Buddy...this is where you came from.

Seriously....SO cute. Gotta love the Cuties!

No comments: