Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days of Thanks - Day 6

I'm thankful for...
Flights that are not full.

I'm headed out to Orlando for work. A short, busy conference through Wednesday evening. It seems to me that airlines are doing just what we are all trying to do...save money any way possible. Whether it be charge more for flights, eliminate TV, movies, and music, eliminate food, eliminate blankets and pillows, charge for checked bags, and lessen the overall number of flights. I'm sure there are tons of more ways they are cutting costs. With that in mind...it's pretty rare that there are very many seats open. And I NEVER have the good luck that they are actually empty near me. Because of this - I am most often prepared to rub elbows with my neighbor and try to avoid being struck by the drink cart as it passes alongside my aisle seat. But sometimes...when the skies align just right...I get on a flight that is a little open. And an actual open seat - right next to ME!! It's llike a breath of fresh air. Ahhhh...thank you. I love it when that happens. It's like two seats for the price of 1! A place for me and a half of a seat (since I shared the open seat with the gal sitting at the window) for my my jacket and books, etc.

What a treat!

No comments: