Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Grandparent's Day

I remember loving Grandparent's Day when I was in school.
I swear when I became a parent I expected to celebrate that day every year.
This was the first year we did.
Is it just me...or does it seem like Grandparent's Day is NOT even talked about?
I never hear anything about it.
Or see anything about it at the stores.
So, I never ever know when it is.
Luckily...Brady's school celebrates Grandparent's Day in old school fashion.
They sent home an invite to the Grandparents to come to the school for lunch with the kids.
Brady was so excited when the invite came home.
He wanted to call my parents and invite them to lunch.
He called them up...luckily, my dad was available.
The Grandparent's luncheon went like this...


11:30am - Poppy arrived at the school.
11:45am - To Brady's room for a song...sung to "Take Me Out To The Ballgame"
12:00pm - Lunch. BBQ sandwich and salad for Poppy and yogurt and fruit for Brady
12:05pm - Try to find a table
12:10pm - Eat
12:25pm - Pictures
12:30pm - to the playground
12:45pm - Poppy leaves (he didn't want to "cramp" Brady's style on the playground)
12:47pm - Poppy buys matching school shirts for them on his way out the door.

Seriously...can you say A-DOR-A-BLE!!


Brady literally had the best day ever. I SOOOO wanted to sneak in and take pictures of my Dad and Brady. But...the Hottie talked me out of it. He said that I would embarrass them. Well...at least they got this one taken by the school. SO cute!


p.s....sorry the picture is so dark

We have no scanner and I had to take a picture of a picture with no flash at night to post this.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

That is such a great picture!! Brady is soooooo handsome!