Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lilyisms - Lions

A recent conversation with Lily....



Mommy: Lily did you pick up your toys?
Lily: Uhhhhh...yep.
Mommy: Really...all of them?
Lily: Yeeeeeessssss.
Mommy: No you didn't. Your babies are still all over your room.
Lily: No they not.
Mommy: Lily, are you lying?
Lily: No. They. NOT!
Mommy: Lily - no lying. That is not nice.
Lily: I not a lyin.'
Mommy: Yes you are bugs. Lying means not telling the truth. You are lying.
Lily: NO I NOT. I NOT A LYIN'!!!
Mommy: Lily, this is not nice. Stop lying.
Lily: I not a lion. I Lily.
Mommy: (finally getting it) Oh...you're not a lion. And what does a lion say?
Lily: RRRROOOOOOAAAAARRRRR!!!!
Mommy: Lots and Lots of giggles.


Hmmmm.....miscommunication at it's finest.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Awe! too cute!!!

Karen said...

That is the cutest thing I've heard. Way to go Lily.

Robin said...

So funny!