Saturday, December 20, 2008

Am I Greedy or What?

Lots of posts on Wishes - vacuums, Kitchen Aid mixers...
sheesh - who do I think I am??

It used to be (and really still is) that when Bryan would ask me what I wanted for my birthday, or Christmas, or whatever...I would think of things we need rather than what I want. On the other hand...Bryan would say things like, "I want a Wii." Or, "I'd love new golf clubs." Or, "I want the new McFarlane figure." (yes, that's a boy doll...for those of you that don't know...hee hee) And me - I'd say, "Well, we need new towels." Or, "I want the carpets cleaned." Or, "We need a new faucet." Yep...that's me - the one that would ask for a toilet seat for my birthday.

I'm "turning a new leaf" as my mom would say.

I now have created a list - a list of things that I want. Here's what is says:

1. Mommy Ring - aren't these SO cute!

2. Kitchen Aid Mixer - yep, that's a biggie.

3. Small camera - it's not always fun being papo.

4. Tile cleaned - some things never change.

5. Photoshop with lessons.

6. Cake pedestal.

7. Apron - a frilly one...super girlie! Check out these...adorable!

8. Crockpot - a biggie...I've only got a mini.

9. Kid's table - for the playroom.

10. Ivory sweater.

11. Sewing Lessons - I'm SO domestic!

12. Toilet Seats - need 2 of them.

I think that's enough...it's getting embarrassing.

As you can see - I've still got a bit of work to do...there's still some "home" items on the list. I encourage everyone to make their very own personal wish list. Then...when you have a little extra money - maybe you can treat yourself. I know I will. We deserve it! Thinking about it...I do always cringe at buying myself ANYTHING - ask my sisters. For some reason, it's so much easier to spend money on others (primarily the Cuties) than on myself. I usually end up putting it all back rather than make a purchase.

Why is that?

No comments: